If you would like us to contact you when we turn on registration for the 2024 show, submit this form.
What is happening to the bees (and other pollinators)
Phenology and Bees
During this 1 hour presentation, the following topics will be covered:
• Are bees numbers declining, Managed vs Native
• European Honey Bees generalists, Native bees specialists
• Interaction between Bees, their food source and the climate.
• As keepers of bees, are we helping or hindering?
• Introduction to food and medicinal products from the hive.
• What role can I as a Gardener do to protect bees (and pollinators) in our environment
Presented by Mark de Kiewiet, a Texas Master Beekeeper and Master Naturalist.
Raising Happy, Healthy Backyard Chickens
Rochelle Rackham, a local rancher and an engineer, will present "Raising Happy, Healthy Backyard Chickens." Combining her knowledge about raising healthy animals and her engineering expertise, Rochelle has created a backyard poultry haven. She will share some helpful and valuable information for a creative approach to raising your backyard flock.
Basics on Backyard Poultry (Hens and Quail)
Maria Alaniz-George will present and demonstrate her expertise gained from living on a farm and from her eight years in 4-H raising meat and fancy poultry of all types, and current 4-H involvement with her children.